Wednesday, December 29, 2010

UNSPOKEN...........(short story)

                I can't recollect whether it was raining .....but for sure, no traces of sun's rays were present then......, the place around wore the color of my heart....
The silence that echoed within us was blaring out loud....we stood there staring into each other's eyes...but, i couldn't meet his gaze...the very same eyes into which i had the power to stare unblinkingly seemed to evoke the piled up emotions.....the questions he had and the silence i had to offer made me look away from his powerful gaze....
Words we had to exchange was a solid "good bye"....but, behind it stood the endless queries...the thousand whys...the unpainted dreams.. and the suffocating guilt..............
I always knew it was never going to be easy...but i thought i could..........his very presence had made me lose all my rational consciousness and the never ending tears in my eyes made me doubt the rain too.......
He didn't ask me why i was doing that , he never shouted, he didn't question me.... never called me a cheat...all he did was stare into my eyes and it had the potential above all, to pierce into me ...it hit me hard, bleeding me, wounding me even deeply....   Perhaps he knew the love i had for him was pressed down deep into my heart and i was his forever........
Silence seemed to communicate between us and then i took my steps away from him....somewhere i longed for him to stop me....call me back....but i knew he had always done that...and even if he did say that loud i will have to walk way.......the final word he told was 'take care' and i knew i was cared forever.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment