Monday, October 31, 2011

in me forever........

sometimes you tend to develop strong sentiments for certain possessions you have, they grab their place within your heart, they make you feel that they are more than just material stuffs...i guess that's the bond i share with my lady bird!!
       i clearly remember, it was a Sunday morning and the time runs back to several years..like any other Sundays, i got up after my mom gave her last warning call and  imitating my dad opened up the            " Hindu",not to read for sure!!, and my eyes got knotted on the big lady bird picture on the inside page...a pinkish cycle with a basket decorated with flowers in front and i heard myself whisper that i wanted it... actually this desire has taken root in me long back, my cousin sister had a new cycle and everybody was so eager to ride the new one and can't blame her as it was brand new she kept it to herself and after that it was turning to be my dream to possess a new cycle and that advertisement definitively added spark to ma burning desire..and with all this pressed inside ma heart i asked ma dad if i could be the owner of a brand new bsa ladybird..
                i don't remember achan saying yes or no...it was his usual " let's see",and then my hopes were crashing down...usually when ma dad denies me a toy( happens rarely!!),its like am on strike ,but dis time i knew my eyes were filling up but i didn't display ma usual tantrums,perhaps thats what you call growing up...
              days passed and lady bird stopped visiting me in sleep and one evening i was returning home after attending sum friends party ,dusk had fallen and on the way back i met my dad and he was going out and didn't tell me where exactly. i walked  home, upon reaching i was narrating my day's updates to amma and chechi, just when the calling bell rang,i was asked to open the door and asking ma sis "why can't you do that ? "and see her chuckle, i opened d door only to be greeted by a brand new lady bird!!! in the fading golden hues,it was sparkling and when my frame shifted to ma dad ,he had the smile which always told me i was his princess forever and ever...
                                            it was always like that ma dad could read ma thoughts,and always and always he was in to giving me surprises..,perhaps he wanted this gift to remain special memory for ever....jumping with thrill ,huging ma dad ,i ran to take ma dream ride on ma desired wheels...and then i felt the air that was brushing past me was whispering to me to frame the moment forever and to lock it safe within....the yellow golden rays,tinges of black, my house in the backdrop and ma achan ,amma and chechy cheering ..me cycling on my dream wheels,,,CLICK!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment